CALL FOR SHORT / POSITION PAPERS (4 pages) !! Submission Deadline March 14 2016
WORK IN PROGRESS PAPERS: Submission deadline March 31 2016
A variety of relevant health and fitness parameters are now being captured via an ecosystem of consumer-oriented wearable self-tracking devices, smartphone apps and related services. Techniques from information science, sociology, psychology, statistics, machine learning and data mining are applied to analyze collected data. These techniques provide new opportunities to enrich understanding of individual and population health. Self-tracking data can provide better measures of everyday behavior and lifestyle and can complement more traditional clinical data collection, towards a comprehensive picture of health. HealthWear'16 will bring together researchers, developers, and industry professionals from both Healthcare and Quantified Self communities to discuss key issues, opportunities and obstacles for personal health data research. These include challenges of capturing, summarizing, presenting and retrieving relevant information from heterogeneous sources to support a new vision of pervasive personal healthcare.
Short/Position Papers: We encourage submissions of 4-page position papers and short papers that relate to any aspect of personal health data research.
WORK IN PROGRESS (WIP) Papers can be submitted until March 31st 2016
Submissions from students, developers, educators, and researchers in various domains are welcome.
Candidate topics include but are not limited to:
- Personal Health Informatics
- Quantified Self for Healthcare
- Activity Monitors and Devices
- Healthcare Knowledge Representation & Reasoning
- Health Data acquisition, analysis and mining
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Validity, reliability, usability, and effectiveness of Self-Tracking devices
- Experiment Design
- Social and Psychological investigation into Self-Tracking practices
- Health Monitoring in clinical and lifestyle environments
- Sensors and actuators for Wellness, Fitness and Rehabilitation
- Innovative Algorithms for assessment of long-term physiological and behavioural data
- Models for interpreting medical sensor data
- Lifelogging, lifecaching, lifestreaming
- Biometric data
- Medical Self-diagnostics
We welcome submissions of position papers and short papers (4 pages).
All papers must use the official conference template (http://healthwearconference.org/2016/show/authors-kit).
Submissions will be peer-reviewed by the organizers and members of the program committee.
Papers must be submitted electronically in printable PDF format through the Confy submission page (http://confy.eai.eu).
Submission deadline: March 14, 2016
WIP Papers: deadline March 31st 2016
Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2016
Camera-ready due: may 16, 2016
Conference date: June 14-16, 2016